Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Arms


This whole mom thing randomly turns me into a sap… translation: I’m about to go off on a totally cheesy tangent.
Boston is already getting old enough that he doesn’t like to snuggle as much as he used to. Because of that, him being sick has been a little bittersweet. I feel so bad that he doesn’t feel good, but I also love that he will let me hold and snuggle him for hours. I just keep thinking, surely this is what arms are made for. Arms do lots of amazing things. I feel it is pretty safe to say the modern day society we enjoy wouldn’t be able to exist without them. But without babies, what is it all for? It reminds me of one of my favorite ‘Mommy quotes:’ "The homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only - and that is to support the ultimate career. " -C.S. Lewis. I would believe the same principle applies to arms snuggling a baby. Arms are good for many amazing things, but they only do those things to make it possible to snuggle a baby.
Think about it- it is totally true J.
This is one of my favorite pictures I have
taken of Boston, while I was holding him. It is from
when he was about two weeks old.

No comments:

Post a Comment