Monday, June 3, 2013

Boston's Room


Boston’s room has been finished and the pictures have been taken and ready to post for quite awhile- I just haven’t done it. So…. here it is:


The argyle wall is my favorite part, and definitely took the most work. I decided I wanted argyle after seeing a picture on pinterest. But, Riley shut the picture I saw down saying it was a bit girly and would be way too much work. I started looking for wallpaper, and couldn’t find what I wanted. Once Riley realized I wasn’t going to give up and trade in argyle for a sports theme, he stepped in and found/figured out how to do this pattern. My awesome mother and father in-law then came down for a weekend to help us, and I LOVE how it turned out.


The picture with Boston’s stats is based off another idea from pinterest, that Riley was able to tweak and customize to look the way I wanted it. Then we printed it as a big picture and modge-podged it onto a canvas.
Riley’s awesome aunt made the vinyl smiles saying for me, and we put it on a canvas painted with paint we had left over from some of the other rooms in our house.
My awesome aunt cut out the letters of Boston’s name for us and my niece and I painted them with paint left over from the argyle wall.

There you have it. I'm not usually a big decorator, but I really enjoyed finding and making things for Boston's room. Now that it is finished, I love the way it turned out and it makes me happy just to be in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment