Saturday, September 28, 2013

Bite of Las Vegas

Every year one of the local radio stations hosts a food and music festival called Bite of Las Vegas. It is a full day of concerts and food from different places here in Las Vegas. I wanted to go as soon as they started advertising the bands, but wasn’t sure about taking Boston. As it got closer and the forecast called for perfect weather, I decided it was worth a shot.
We decided to miss the first few bands and go after Boston’s nap. I don’t think I have ever wanted him to wake up so badly, so of course, he took a nice long nap. When he finally woke up we headed out. We got to the park right as the Plain White T’s were wrapping up. After that we saw Matt Nathanson, Better Than Ezra, and One Republic. Boston was supper cute, bopping and dancing to the music. He was also a big fan of the food. The worker at one of the restaurant booths gave him some yellow watermelon to try (yep yellow watermelon, I had never heard of it) and he loved it. He also swiped my smoothie and decided it was worth figuring out a straw for.

By the time One Republic took the stage, the sun had set and the weather was perfect. Boston was also totally worn out, so he let me snuggle him through the entire concert. He never stays still long enough to let me snuggle him, so that alone would have made it a great day. Add in the good food, weather and music and it was an awesome day with my two favorite boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment