Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween in Full Force

You know those families who have perfect matching costumes each year and look totally awesome on Halloween- we are NOT one of them. I’m just not very good at thinking of, or executing that kind of plan. That being said, I think this year was a touchdown (pun intended), or at least as good as it is likely to get for us.  Boston and Riley were football players and because I couldn’t find them matching jerseys, I was the referee.  Instead of trying to have Boston toddle around the neighborhood to trick-or-treat, we headed to the Trunk-or-Treat our ward was hosting. It didn't take Boston long to figure out that all he had to do was hold his hand out and someone would put a candy in it. For a while he was happy to get the candy then drop it in his bag. Then he decided it was more fun to find people to hand his candy back to. Usually the candy had already been drooled on, so he didn’t find many takers. But it was still cute and nice of Boston to share, since we totally ran out of candy (in my defense, I thought I had bought oodles).

We then headed to Jamba Juice, where they were giving out free smoothies for kids who were dressed up. Silly me, I thought if Boston had his own smoothie, he would leave mine alone. I was very wrong. Even though I had to fight for my drink, this was definitely our favorite part of the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment