Wednesday, July 9, 2014

29 and Feeling Fine... Riley, not so Much

My birthday was a bit rough this year, but worth documenting. The night before, Riley said he and Boston needed to "go for a drive" and they came home with flowers. I really think the only thing better than getting flowers, is having a toddler walk in with them and tell you "Lobe you mommy". Totally melted my heart!
Boston usually moves a bit too fast for pictures.
A few hours later Riley started having some serious nausea and stomach pain (while describing his symptoms, he asked me if I thought he was pregnant... I must say, the symptoms were right on). On my birthday, he was still feeling crummy, but went to work anyway. We had planned to meet up for lunch (free birthday subs at firehouse-woohoo). Riley ended up being late, and didn't want any food, so Boston and I had a sandwich... and started to worry. Riley was really sick by the time he got home, so Boston and I spent the rest of my birthday at Walgreens shopping for antacids, crackers and sprite (Riley again couldn't handle real food).
Boston came home from lunch with a cool new hat.
After a trip to urgent care the next morning, we found out Riley likely had a stomach ulcer, but we would have to wait for some tests and go see a specialist to find out for sure. A few weeks later, after blood work, an ultrasound and an endoscopy, the specialist confirmed it was an ulcer causing all the trouble. Luckily, the medicine he is on seems to be helping. Hopefully, in a few months the ulcer will be gone, and never come back (fingers crossed).

A few weeks later, Riley and I went to see Zarkana at Aria as a belated birthday celebration. It was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment