I can't believe this handsome little guy is already two! He is so silly, so full of energy, and so happy. He keeps us entertained, on our toes and totally in love with him every day. I'm so lucky to be his mom! A few stats: he weighs 28 pounds, is 34 inches tall, and talks non-stop- all day, except when we are around other people, then he is a bit shy :-).
To celebrate his birthday, we started out with a small family party in Enterprise while we were there for conference weekend. We went for a train theme this year, because Boston is obsessed with them. He didn't care about the cake or candles, he just really, really wanted to play with the train.

The next weekend we decided to combine three of Boston's favorite things: friends, the park, and trains, for a big party. I made some cute little decorations, and attempted to decorate the cupcakes to look like train tracks. But, I only thought to take one picture of the decor, and even that was last minute- oops. Lots of Boston's friends came, and they ran and played and had some snacks. Then helped him open a bunch of really cute presents. I've decided two is the age when it gets fun to give kids presents. Before that they would be just as happy with a box, but this time around, Boston was super excited about each one. When we got home we had to take all of the new toys out of their packaging ("mommy open it, pleeeease!"), he then had a blast playing with them.
 |
| The decorations |
 |
| Blowing out the candles |
 |
| Boston loves backpacks, and decided this gift bag would make a great one. |
 |
| Opening presents |
 |
| Fun with friends |
Boston's friends gave him some really cute stuff. One of the things that surprised me most, was how excited he got about a set of Jake and the Never Land Pirates bathtub toys. He spent close to a half an hour driving "Jake's boat" around the living room singing "Jake Never Land Pirate and Meeee." We have probably only seen the show once or twice, so I was totally surprised he knew the song, but it was super cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment